OCEA Mission Statement
“Facilitating and Supporting the Exchange of Ideas Among Experiential Learning Professionals”
The Ontario Cooperative Education Association (OCEA) is a not-for-profit professional organization of Ontario Cooperative Education and Experiential Learning Professionals. It strives to provide the leadership and vision needed for optimal professional development of its members. The Association also develops and facilitates access to information, resources and other supports relevant to OCEA members and other Experiential Learning Professionals in the province of Ontario, while supporting excellence in the education of all students in Ontario.
The Ontario Cooperative Education Association (OCEA) is a not-for-profit professional organization founded to promote the development of Cooperative Education, Work Experience, School-Work Transition and OYAP Programs and to assist in the professional growth of the members by:
- Developing an appreciation of the significance and values of Cooperative Education, Work Experience, School-Work Transition and OYAP Programs
- Providing a forum for the active interchange of ideas and experiences among educators, employers, students, and others
- Providing and disseminating information about Cooperative Education, Work Experience, School-Work Transition and OYAP Programs
- Promoting Cooperative Education courses and programs across the curriculum
- Promote Work Experience opportunities across the curriculum
- Promote OYAP and other School-Work Transition Programs
- Providing workshops, conferences, seminars, and other learning activities to improve standards of professional service in the field of Cooperative Education
- Responding to current issues and researching future directions that may affect the quality and delivery of Cooperative Education.
For non-members, information on joining the OCEA association is available on-line in the “Memberships” section.