Revised July 2019
This award is presented annually to individuals who have distinguished themselves by making an outstanding contribution to Cooperative Education and other forms of Experiential Learning over a number of years.
1) Nominees must be current OCEA members and members in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT);
2) A maximum of five S. J. “Jack” Ulan Professional Contribution Awards may be presented annually;
3) The nomination must be supported by two currently registered OCEA members, excluding current OCEA Board of Directors;
4) FAMILY MEMBERS AND SPOUSES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO NOMINATE;
5) Nominators and nominees must be current OCEA members and members in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT);
6) Nominations must be completed on the The S. J. “Jack” Ulan Professional Contribution Award Template and submitted to the OCEA Awards’ Committee Chair by the specified due date as noted on the nomination form;
7) IN ADDITION, A MAXIMUM ONE-PAGE TYPED SUMMARY MUST BE INCLUDED TO FURTHER SUPPORT THE NOMINATION.
NOTE: When nominating an individual for this award, please keep in mind the example(s) for each of the criterion can be used only once. If one example meets several criteria, clearly make the connection –
FOR EXAMPLE: CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION
a) Conference Presenter (Professional Instruction);
b) Conference Chair (Leadership);
c) Conference Planning Team Member (Organization);
d) Conference Reviewer for the OCEA e-NEWS (Contributor to Professional Publication).