This award, donated by Career/LifeSkills Resources Inc. will be presented at the Annual OCEA Spring Conference. It is designed to recognize and honour a student who has overcome challenges in earning an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) and is now approaching graduation.
Career/LifeSkills Resources Inc. has a commitment to excellence in Career Education, Cooperative Education and Guidance in the Province of Ontario and fully supports the Ontario Cooperative Education Association and the professionalism that it represents.
The nomination must be supported by two current members of OCEA, excluding current OCEA Executive and Directors, and must be submitted to the chairperson of the Awards Committee by the specified due date.
Nominators must be current OCEA members and members in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers.
The final selection will be made by Career/LifeSkills Resources Inc., from a short list of nominees.
The award will be presented, if the recipient is available, at the Annual OCEA Spring Conference.*
Criterion as required by Career/LifeSkills Resources Inc., the candidate nominated must:
- Be a minimum of 19 years of age and be currently enrolled in a school program (he/she may be returning to education and enrolled in an alternative or adult education program);
- Have earned 27 credits and be dedicated to earning the OSSD;
- Maintain regular class attendance;
- Be a current or recent participant in Cooperative Education.
Please include the following in the nomination for The Career/LifeSkills Resources Award of Excellence in Cooperative Education:
- a completed nomination form;
- a performance appraisal or recommendation from the Cooperative Education supervisor;
- a letter of recommendation from the two OCEA members detailing why the student would be a worthy recipient of the award and outlining how the individual has overcome any challenges.
OCEA wishes to extend a sincere thank you to Career/LifeSkills Resources Inc., for providing the Career/LifeSkills Resources Award of Excellence in Cooperative Education.
Career/LifeSkills Resources Inc. can be reached at:
360 Industrial Pkwy South, Suite 5
Aurora, ON L4G 3V7
Phone: 905-760-0111 / Toll Free: 1-877-680-0200