OCEA PROFESSIONAL AWARDS 2020
NOMINATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL MARCH 27th, 2020.
“FOR OCEA MEMBERS ONLY”
CRITERIA AND SUBMISSION PROCESS (Revised July 2019)
The growth and development of the Ontario Cooperative Education Association (OCEA) is the result of individuals who have worked diligently and enthusiastically to promote Cooperative Education and other forms of Experiential Learning. Many Cooperative Education educators (and community partners) and students have contributed their talents and energies to promote Experiential Learning. In order that exceptional contributions by teachers and students may be recognized, OCEA has made it an annual tradition to present awards.
There are (2) two awards that may be presented annually, and they are presented in the context of the annual OCEA Spring Conference. Those (2) awards are:
PLEASE NOTE: As the criterion is unique for each of these awards, members should review each award description carefully.
Nomination forms must be fully completed and submitted to the OCEA Professional Awards’ Chair by the specified due date (as noted on the nomination form).
OCEA AWARD SELECTION INFORMATION AND PROCEDURES (Revised July 2019):
- In any given year, any current OCEA member, excluding the current OCEA Board of Directors and Provincial Representatives, is eligible to be nominated for one OCEA Award;
- Nominators AND nominees MUST be current OCEA members and MUST be members in GOOD STANDING with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT);
- OCEA Provincial Representatives, OCEA affiliate groups (e.g., GTACEA), and Boards of Education Cooperative Education councils are encouraged to nominate worthy recipients;
- The current OCEA Board of Directors IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE NOMINATION PROCESS;
- The nomination must be supported by two currently registered OCEA members, excluding the current OCEA Board of Directors, and must be submitted to the OCEA Professional Awards’ Chair by the specified due date (as noted on the nomination form);
- Family members and spouses are not eligible to nominate;
- Each nomination (for either award) must include a description of the recent contributions (within the last three years) made by the nominee and be specific to the award for which that person is being nominated. Please ensure that you follow the unique procedures for the award, as outlined in the nomination form;
- OCEA Past-Presidents / Past-Chairs are not eligible for The George King Award of Excellence for a period of three years after serving their term as Chair / President. Nominators must clearly indicate on the nomination form that the nominee has displayed current and ongoing commitment (within the past three years) to Cooperative Education and / or any other form of Experiential Learning;
- Nominations can only be submitted (for the same individual) for one award in any given year. Should an S. J. “Jack” Ulan Professional Contribution Award winner be nominated in a following year for The George King Award of Excellence, the nomination must clearly demonstrate continued and ongoing commitment to Cooperative Education or any other form of Experiential Learning;
- Selection of award recipients will be made by an OCEA Awards’ Sub-committee made up of the current OCEA Board of Directors;
- Nominees for The George King Award of Excellence must demonstrate recent (within the past three years) involvement in Cooperative Education or any other form of Experiential Learning initiatives;
- Only one recipient shall be chosen for The George King Award of Excellence; HOWEVER, the Awards’ Sub-committee have the option to recommend that, for a given year, NO recipient be selected for The George King Award of Excellence;
- A maximum of five S. J. “Jack” Ulan Professional Contribution Awards may be presented annually.