NOMINATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL MARCH 29TH, 2019.
“OCEA MEMBERS ONLY”
The growth and development of the Ontario Cooperative Education Association (OCEA) is the result of individuals who have worked diligently and enthusiastically to promote Cooperative Education and other forms of Experiential Learning. Many Cooperative Education educators (and community partners) and students have contributed their talents and energies to promote Experiential Learning. In order that exceptional contributions by teachers and students may be recognized, OCEA has made it an annual tradition to present awards.
There are (3) three awards that may be presented annually, and they are presented in the context of the annual OCEA Spring Conference. Those (3) three awards are:
PLEASE NOTE: As the criterion is unique for each of these awards, members should review each award description carefully. Nomination forms must be submitted to the OCEA Awards’ Committee Chairperson by the specified due date (as noted on the nomination form).
OCEA Award Selection Information and Procedures:
- In any given year, any OCEA member, excluding the current OCEA Board of Directors and Provincial Representatives, is eligible to be nominated for (1) one OCEA Award.
- Each nomination must include a description of the contributions made by the nominee and be specific to the award for which that person is being nominated. Please ensure that you follow the unique procedures for the award, as outlined in the nomination form.
- The nomination must be supported by (2) two currently registered OCEA members, excluding the current OCEA Board of Directors, and must be submitted to the OCEA Awards’ Committee Chairperson by the specified due date (as noted on the nomination form).
- The current OCEA Board of Directors and Provincial Representatives are not eligible for an OCEA Award. OCEA Past Presidents are not eligible for The George King Award of Excellence for a period of (3) three years after serving their term as President.
- OCEA Provincial Representatives, OCEA affiliate groups (e.g., GTACEA), and Boards of Education Cooperative Education councils are encouraged to nominate worthy recipients. Current members of OCEA Board of Directors may not participate in the nominating process.
- Selection of award recipients will be made by the OCEA Board of Directors. They have the option to recommend that, for a given year, no recipient be selected for The George King Award of Excellence.
- Nominators AND nominees MUST be current OCEA members and MUST be members in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers.